Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Love, Death, and Moving on...

I have a sincere love for photography and photo editing. Love. In my spare time, and I have lots of spare time, I have been really working hard at getting some serious editing and creating done because soon enough I won't have much spare time left. I decided that for memorial day I would work on some memorial pieces. So far I'm pretty pleased with how they are turning out. Maybe when they are done, I'll put some on here. Maybe. haha.

It's sad really. The whole time I edit them I cry. These men, these men who called my husband friend are left to be photos on someone's computer. They are a name on a rock. These men who were someone's brother, son, husband, father, friend. We give lip service and say they will never be forgotten, and to some that is true. But eventually and over time, they will be forgotten. Eventually there will be no one left to visit the stone that adorns their resting bodies. And that is sad. I've had the pleasure of meeting several beautiful women via facebook who unfortunately carry a title I pray to God I never have to carry. widow. These women are amazing in not only their strength but also their ability to move on and make something good come from their loss.

I heard it said once that love holds the greatest risk in our lives. I believe that. Because to love someone is to give them complete control over yourself. They have the control to break your heart, to make you infinitely happy, to give up on you, and to force you to keep fighting. But I can promise you, that in the end, it is always worth it. Love is the strongest thing there is. The Lord Himself says so, so I believe it.

Song of Solomon 8:6
Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...