Thursday, August 5, 2010

Dramatic much?? Me? Never.

 Dramatic.

That's me. So, I tend to overreact when it comes to illness or pain, etc. But, in my defense, I've had kidney stones, gall stones, ovarian cysts, my gallbladder removed, a broken ankle/foot, and migraines. I understand pain. But, as a result, I tend to look for problems where they are not. Don't get me wrong, I don't hear about someone with cancer and automatically assume I'm dying, I just more or less find something wrong with myself and blow it out of proportion.

Which brings us to my foot. So I mentioned that I broke my ankle/foot. There are conflicting reports from several x-rays as to which bones were broken, everyone just agreed something was broken. haha. I could see the jagged piece of bone on the x-ray but like I paid attention in anatomy. Anywho, this was Thanksgiving 2008. I lived on crutches and in a big black boot that went to my knee for awhile and then went on my merry way.

Until 2 days ago.

On Tuesday, while chatting via GMail with my Kinnel, I began to scratch the top of my foot. That's when I noticed it. This GIANT lump. It's a knot really. So I promptly checked my other foot. No Knot. Which means one thing. I am DEFORMED. I begin to freak out and jump around, looking at my feet, turning them side to side. It won't go away. (Mind you it is about the circumference of a quarter and the height of a marble. It's huge. Has the firmness of your actual ankle) When I begin hyperventilating I realize I need to calm down or pass out. Neither is good. haha.

For the rest of the day, and continuing on, I believe my "knot" is hurting me. The worst part? I know the pain is in my head. My loopy, irrational head. But it won't go away. My husband assures me it's just scar tissue and the doctor will just say, "Oh, it's fine". But I am deformed now!!!

Grr. Oh, and just for your knowledge, Yes, I am going to visit the doctor over this. Irrational or not, I have a lump on my foot that I sure as hell wasn't born with that needs to mind it's own business. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...