Monday, September 27, 2010

Day 4

Something you have to forgive someone for.

Wow, these just get harder and harder. This one would be my ex. And I forgive him for cheating on me. We were together for 10 years. We were planning a wedding. He was the Cory to my Topanga. And he cheated on me. I thought the world was going to end. I even took him back at first because I couldn't imagine life without him. Then I found out about the "others". She was merely the last of many.

I deleted him from facebook, changed my phone number, wiped him from my life. But never far from my mind. But one day I realized I wasn't angry anymore. I realized that if it wasn't for him I wouldn't be married to the wonderful man I am married to.

He wasn't right for me. My best friend, my confidant, the person I thought to spend the rest of my life with wasn't right for me. We were not meant to be. And I forgive him. Because the only person I was hurting by holding a grudge, was me.

Sometimes you do meet your soulmate when you are 9 years old. But sometimes you don't. And that's ok.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...