Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 18

Your views on gay marriage.

I'm not here to start political debates. That being said I'm not answering this one. You don't come here to fight with me and I don't write this to anger you. So. What will I write about today??

Spelling and Grammar. Mine's not perfect, no one's is. In fact, I'm sure several of you will find multiple mistakes in this post alone! But my issue isn't with the occasional beacuse instead of because. My issue is with Homophones. (Oh and some people just mis-hearing some things). So without furthur ado, here are my main peeves.


"Taking something for granite"--You are not taking something for a piece of stone. It's granted.

They're, their, there-- I must have missed the memo where this was so hard.

Sense, since, cents?--No comment on who used cents.

Affect, Effect--This one I find frequently on signs posted on gasoline pumps.


The list could go on and on but I think you get the idea. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...