Thursday, July 1, 2010

I'm all ears!

So, some of you may be aware that my husband is on light duty due to some ear problems. Long story short, there was an incident in Afghanistan last year involving his head, that started pain and bleeding from his eardrum. He already has some hearing impairment and just received hearing aids (complements of the USMC, both the injury and the aids).  So now we're just trying to determine what all is wrong with him and how to fix it.

Yesterday was visit like 200 with Audiology. We've seen ENT, we've had MRI's, we've been to Audiology, we've been to dental (yes these two are connected), we're scheduled for Neurology and much more! I won't lie and say the possibilities aren't frightening. Best case senario vs. worst case senario aren't that far apart.

Sometimes it's just a little overwhelming when we consider the future, where we'll go, what we'll do, etc. So I try to focus on the now. And as of now, we still have no idea what is going on. Today is a worry day for me. But I intend to start cleaning soon so hopefully I can get that out of my system!!

2 comments:

  1. It drives me crazy too not being able to have everything planned out in a concrete way. Why can't the military be more accomodating to our way of doing things??

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...