Monday, February 7, 2011

Takin' it back, mixing it up

As I dried my hair yesterday (no I do not do this everyday), I was jamming to the Ipod (which I'm so against in principle, but my zen died... tear...)....so anywho, I'm jamming and I got to thinking about what a great collection of music I have. I mean, let's be real, I have great taste.

So I'm listening, and I'm jamming, and dancing drying my hair and I started thinking about the shuffle setting. No, I don't have an actual shuffle, but it works...

Currently we have the Shuffle for music mash-ups.


Before the shuffle setting we had the Mixed CD that we could pour our hearts into to show the one we "loved" so dearly how we felt without using our actual words.


For some of you, that was the beginning of music, but fear not, I'm old and decrepit so I can remember and share the Mix Tape.


Prior to the Mix Tape (and to me) but that which is in my possession, I know I'm so cool, was the 8 Track. And no, It's not something to run on. :)


And guess what? There was music before this! But alas, it was unfortunately not mixed unless it came from the factory that way. However, it was still cool and yes, the hubs and I enjoy these, too. There's something amazing about being able to speed it up and sing like the chipmunks. Kids today just don't know what they're missing. :)


I hope you've enjoyed my walk through history. I know I have. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...