Monday, December 13, 2010

Denny's from Hades.

So on some Sunday morning's my husband and I like to go eat Denny's before church. It's great, they have a value meal that I eat a meal for $2 and he eats for $4. Add in drinks we're out under $10. However, this Sunday was a joke. An unbelievable joke.

For starters, we walk in and are seated promptly. Awesome. Except oh yeah, our server didn't get the memo that we were there. 10 minutes later we are finally greeted. No big, the hubs and I were both servers (in fact that's how we met) and so we let it slide. We order both drinks and meal now. Drinks FINALLY come out. She asks hubs if he wants creamer for his coffee. Yes, in fact, he does. Too bad. She ain't coming back.

I ask another server for the creamer. Then our meals come out. They are both wrong. She manages to get them fixed and ok, we're eating. We've taken two bites or so when she comes back up and says, and I quote, "I'm going to leave the ticket here because I'm going on break. If you need something, *points at some unseen server* just flag down So-and-so to help you."

I'm sorry. WHAT?!?!?!

Best part? She then continues to serve our surrounding tables. Like they are so close I could reach out and touch them. Does she think we're stupid??? I'm so far beyond livid. Again, the hubs and I were both servers. There is no such thing as a break when you're busy. Unluckily for her, her manager does the table check about 2 minutes after that moment.

And we informed her of our displeasure. That's the moment our server decides it's a good time to "check on us". Her manager wasn't having it. Graciously the manager covered our tab. And the server got an earful.

The hubs and I are pretty easy to please. This was just a joke. Moral of the story? Don't go to Denny's expecting Cheesecake Factory service. In fact, Don't go to Denny's expecting IHOP service.

Image Credit

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...